Imbalance and Falls in Elderly: Review of Literature
Yogendra Singh Chauhan
Elderly,Imbalance and fall,Otolaryngologists
Citation Information :
Chauhan YS. Imbalance and Falls in Elderly: Review of Literature. Int J Otorhinolaryngol Clin 2013; 5 (3):139-141.
Copyright © 2013; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Chauhan YS. Imbalance and Falls in Elderly: Review of Literature. Int J Otorhinolaryngol Clin 2013;5(3):139-141.
- The post fall syndrome. A study of 36 elderly patients. Gerontology 1982;28:265.
- Falling in old age: its prevention and management, 2nd ed. Vol 22 of springer series on adulthood and aging, Issue 22 of Adulthood and Aging Series, New York, Springer Publishing Co 1997.
- Scanning electron microscopic evaluation of age-related changes in vestibular epithelium. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1995;111:799.
- Predicting fall risks in an elderly population: computer dynamic posturography versus electronystagmography test results. Laryngoscope 2001;111(9):1528–1532.
- Gait disorders in older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc 1996;44(4):434–451.
- Geriatrics: gait disorders in the elderly. N Engl J Med 1990;322:1441–1446.
- The Changing Profile of Nursing Home Residents: 1985-1997. Aging Trends; No.4. Hyattsville, Maryland: National Center for Health Statistics. 2001
- Health and Aging Chartbook. Health, United States, 1999. Hyattsville, Maryland: National Center for Health Statistics. 1999.
- Drugs and falls in older people: a systematic review and meta-analysis: I. Psychotropic drugs. J Am Geriatr Soc 1999;47:30–39.
- Drugs and falls in older people: a systematic review and meta-analysis: II. Cardiac and analgesic drugs. J Am Geriatr Soc 1999;47:40–50.
- Depression and falls among community dwelling elderly people: a search for common risk factors. J Epidemiol Community Health 2002;56:631–636.
- Epidemiology of dysphoric and depression in an elderly population. Am J Psychiatry 1980;137:413–417.
- Dementia as a risk factor for falls and fall injuries among nursing home residents. J Am Geriatr Soc 2003;51:1213–1218.
- Hyattsville (MD): National Center for Health Statistics; 2001;(4).
- Posturography and balance problems in older people. J Am Geriatr Soc 1995;43:638.
- Age-related declines in proprioception. Clin Orthop 1984;184:208.
- Clinical measure of postural control in adults. Phys Ther 1987;67:1881.
- Fear of falling revisited. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1996;77:1025.
- Gender differences in the comparison of self-reported disability and performance measures. J Gerontol 1997Jan;52(1):M19–26.
- Disequilibrium of aging; practical management of dizzy patients, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia,2001. p. 269–298.
- Guideline for the prevention of falls in older persons. J Am Geriatr Soc 2001;49:664–672.
- Fall risk assessment measures: an analytic review. J Gerontol 2001;56A:M761–766.